Table Of Contents
- Scope of This Privacy Statement
- The Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- Cookies and Other Technology
- Your Rights and Choices
- Social Media, Public Forums and Links to Other Websites
- Children’s Online Privacy
- Data Transfers and Privacy Shield Frameworks
- EU Personal Data (GDPR)
- Changes to This Privacy Statement
- How to Contact Us
- Google Security Settings
Scope of This Privacy Statement
Openbridge, Inc. respects your privacy. This Privacy Statement applies to personal information collected by Openbridge through the openbridge.com website, and other websites/services which we operate and on which we post a direct link to this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement does not apply to open-source projects sponsored by Openbridge or any partner sites, applications or services. Each of those entities have their own privacy statements, which we encourage you to review.
The Personal Information We Collect
Openbridge collects personal information directly from you when you interact with us through our websites, including, without limitation, when you:
- Create a user account (individual or corporate);
- Make online purchases or register products;
- Request support or interact via chat;
- Request information or materials (e.g., whitepapers);
- Participate in surveys or evaluations;
- Participate in promotions, contests, or giveaways;
- Apply for employment;
- Submit questions or comments; or
- Submit content or posts on our customer portal pages or other interactive webpages.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, the types of personal information collected directly from you may include, without limitation:
- Information used to communicate with you, such as name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal address and language;
- Information that Openbridge maintains in association with your account, such as your username, password, payment information, purchase records, credit and billing status and support inquiries; and
We may also collect information relating to your use of our websites and response to our emails through “Cookies and Other Technologies” section below.
We may also supplement the personal information we collect from you with information we receive from third parties, including our business partners. We do this to help us improve the overall accuracy of the information and its completeness and to help us better tailor our interactions with you.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Openbridge uses personal information in an effort to enhance your experience on our websites. In addition, we may use personal information we collect about you to:
- Fulfill Your Requests. If you request something from Openbridge, such as a product or service, a demo, or specific marketing or technical materials, we may use the personal information you provide to respond your request. We or our representatives may also contact you as part of customer satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes.
- Provide You with Information About Our Products, Services and Events. Openbridge may use your personal information to notify you about product and service offerings as well as events that we believe may be of interest to you. Openbridge also may use your personal information to respond directly to your requests for information, including registrations for newsletters or other specific requests.
- Provide Support and Customer Service. We may use your personal information to provide support for products or services you have obtained from us and answer other questions. In the course of providing technical support to you, we may sometimes have incidental access to data that you have provided to us or data that is located on your systems. This data may contain information about you, or your organization’s business, employees, customers, partners, or suppliers. This Privacy Statement does not apply to our access to or handling of this information. The conditions regarding the handling and processing of that data is covered by the applicable agreement between you and Openbridge, such as our Enterprise Agreement.
- Process Your Job Application. When you apply for a position at Openbridge, we use the personal information you provide, such as information in your resume and cover letter, for the purpose of assessing your application, considering you for future positions and carrying out human resources functions in accordance with applicable law.
We will not use your personal information in a manner that is inconsistent with the purpose of its original collection, unless you have consented.
How We Share Your Personal Information
Openbridge will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others without your consent.
Openbridge shares personal information in the following ways:
- Openbridge may share personal information with business partners and service providers in order to support our business operations, such as (but not limited to) fulfilling your orders, following up on requests, providing support and assisting Openbridge with sales, marketing and communication initiatives. These business partners and service providers include, for example, distributors, resellers, payment processors, financial institutions, materials production and shipping companies, postal or government authorities and information technology service providers. Business partners and service providers are required by contract to keep the information received on behalf of Openbridge confidential and secure and not use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was provided to them.
- Openbridge may share personal information as required by law or legal process, such as responding to a duly authorized and lawful request of a police or public authority (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), to enforce or protect the rights of Openbridge, when such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss as permitted by applicable law, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- Openbridge may also share personal information in the context of a business transaction involving part or all of Openbridge, such as a merger, acquisition, consolidation, or divestiture. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. It is Openbridge’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions. Following such a business transaction, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the use of that information.
Cookies and Other Technologies
In addition, we may use remarketing technology to advertise on other websites you may visit. In doing so, a third party may place or read a unique ad-serving cookie on your device and use technical information about your browser and your activity at a Openbridge website to serve advertisements to you on non-Openbridge websites.
If you do not want your information to be stored by cookies, you can configure your browser so that it always rejects these cookies or asks you each time whether you want to accept them or not. However, you must understand that choosing to reject cookies may reduce the performance and functionality of our websites. Your browser documentation includes precise instructions explaining how to define the acceptance of cookies. While Openbridge websites at this time generally do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, such as “do not track” instructions, you can generally express your privacy preferences regarding the use of most cookies and similar technologies through your web browser.
Openbridge also uses web tags alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about usage of our websites and interaction with emails from Openbridge. Web tags are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your device, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular website tied to the web tags, and a description of a website tied to the web tags. For example, Openbridge may place web tags in marketing emails that notify Openbridge when you click on a link in the email that directs you to one of our websites. Openbridge uses web tags to operate and improve our websites and email communications.
Your Rights and Choices
In accordance with the laws of certain countries, you may have certain rights and choices regarding the personal information we collect and maintain about you, and how we communicate with you.
Openbridge gives you the ability to access, modify, or update some of your personal information online at any time. You may log in and make changes to your information, such as your password, your contact information, your general preferences, and your personalization settings. If necessary, you may also contact us via our Feedback Form and describe the changes you want made to the information you have previously provided. However, note that changing or deleting information necessary for Openbridge to assist with support, services, and purchases may result in a delay or interruption in processing your requests.
You will be given an opportunity to tell us whether you would like to receive information, special offers, and promotional materials by email from Openbridge or our business partners when you create a Openbridge.com account, when you register for a service, when you provide us with your personal information, or when we send you a marketing email. You have the ability to opt out of receiving marketing emails from Openbridge at any time without cost by clicking on the relevant link contained in our marketing emails or by contacting us via our Feedback Form.
You can also exercise your rights and choices by contacting us as described below under “How to Contact Us.”
Openbridge intends to protect your personal information. We have implemented appropriate physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help us protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. For example, we encrypt certain personal information such as payment information when we transmit such information over the Internet. We also require that our business partners and service providers protect such information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
Social Media, Public Forums and Links to Other Websites
Openbridge may provide social media features that enable you to share information with your social networks and interact with Openbridge on various social media websites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media websites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those websites.
Our websites may make chat rooms, forums, blogs, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Remember that your comments and posts become publicly available, and we urge you to exercise discretion when submitting such content.
Our websites may contain links to other websites. Openbridge does not control and is not responsible for the information collected by websites that can be reached through links from our websites. If you have questions about the data collection procedures of linked websites, please contact the organizations that operate those websites directly.
Children’s Online Privacy
Openbridge products and services are not directed to children and Openbridge does not knowingly collect online personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a minor under the age of 13 and believe that he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us via our Feedback Form or as described below under How to Contact Us.
Data Transfers and Privacy Shield Frameworks
Openbridge is a global organization, with business processes and technical systems that operate across borders. Openbridge may transfer your personal information to other Openbridge entities in the United States and elsewhere. The United States and other countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country from which you initially provided the information. By accessing Openbridge websites, registering for an account or service, or otherwise providing Openbridge with your personal information, you consent to this transfer of your personal information. When transferring your personal information internationally, Openbridge will protect your personal information as provided in this Privacy Statement.
EU Personal Data (GDPR)
Changes to This Privacy Statement
Openbridge reserves the right to make corrections, changes or amendments to this Privacy Statement at any time. The revised Privacy Statement will be posted on this website. A notice will be posted on our homepage for 30 days whenever this Privacy Statement is changed in a material way, and the date of last update will be indicated at the top of the Privacy Statement. If you do not refuse the changes in writing within that notice period, this shall mean that you have consented to the Privacy Statement as changed, including with respect to personal information provided to us prior to the changes in the Privacy Statement. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement for any changes or updates.
How to contact us
Google Security Settings
Customers who have signed up for Google or Youtube based products can visit visit Google's Security Settings to revoke access to their Google or Youtube accounts.